SCHURTER has been a leader in the design and manufacture of membrane switches since the technology was first introduced in the late 1970’s. We have developed a range of processes to meet every requirement from a simple single switch all the way up to fully integrated solutions that demand the highest levels of reliability combined with stringent technology and cosmetic requirements. We have built a reputation on exceeding our customers’ requirements not only in the products we supply but also the quality of service we offer.
The modern membrane switch utilises the very latest printed electronic technology. It is capable of integrating a variety of technologies to form the perfect switching solution for almost any environment.
Our team of engineers are experts in the design and manufacture of membrane switching solutions and are on hand to assist in your product development projects.
Fully customised membrane switches
SCHURTER can offer both non-tactile and tactile switches in a range of forces that can be combined either with a customised graphic overlay or a silicon keypad. We can customise the final solution to incorporate:
● PCB or flexible PCB – incorporate your membrane switch onto a PCB for ease of connection and to reduce the cost of a separate control board.
● Metal or plastic back panels – Increase the rigidity of the membrane and allows for ease of assembly to a casing.
● Backlighting – Selective or indicator backlighting by placing SMD inside the membrane
● Integrated Electronics – incorporate metal domes, LED’s, connectors into your membrane panels.
● Shielding – To meet your ESD, EMI or RFI requirements
● Integration with touchscreens – Add membrane switch keys to supplement your touchscreen product.
The overlay is the top layer of the membrane switch and creates the look and feel for your product. The graphic overlay is the first thing your customer will see and needs to reflect your brand image as well as being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. We offer a range of materials and finishes to match your requirements that are extremely durable and easy to clean. There are an unlimited range of graphic possibilities and colours all controlled by our photo spectrometer colour matching systems that will ensure colours are to tolerance and consistent during production runs.
Graphic overlays can be embossed to enhance the look and functionality of your design while also providing ease of switch location to the end user.
A silicon matt can also be used instead of an overlay where a 3D appearance or a more ergonomic feel is required.
Our membrane switches are produced with state of the art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest industry specifications.
Membrane Switch specifications Input Systems 54539