SCHURTER offers a wide range of illumination technologies to light up your product. Spot light or full illumination, it is your choice. The HMI market is increasingly using glass as switching surface. Within SCHURTER our specialists have adapted several lighting technologies to be used in combination with many different technologies and materials. We developed many different solutions to highlight your most important areas within your front panel. All our factories have designers to bring your ideas to life. Please contact us to find out how your front panel design can stand out from the crowd.
Danielson offers a variety of backlighting solutions to fit your unique requirements. Whether you’re looking to backlight a membrane switch key, a logo on a graphic overlay, or even a combination of lighting solution in a complete assembly, we offer the complete range of backlighting solutions that will enhance your product in the face of the competition.
LED technology has advanced rapidly in recent years. Its long life, low voltage and low energy consumption now make it the ideal backlighting solution in membrane switches and front panel designs. SCHURTER utilises the latest thin LED designs in conjunction with a lightguide to distribute the light uniformly over the required area to be lit.
The result is a thin construction panel with bright, evenly lit icons and buttons with a tactile feedback that provides intuitive use of the product in low light or even areas of complete darkness.
This Multicolor Illuminated System is a keypad system with various design options regarding shape, color and multi colored lighting. The keypad offers a precise and uniform illumination and it visualizes the device status, the key frames, symbols or information fields in signal colors according to your individual requirements.
● Variety of design options
● Different shapes of switches and information fields are possible (sizes acc. data sheet)
● Switches and information fields in multi colored illumination with RGB leds
● Switches and information fields in monochrome illumination with single color leds
● Very homogeneous illumination
● Design, shapes and colors
● 2 RGB leds and 2 single color leds per switch
● 2 + 2 single color leds (in white, blue green yellow, orange, red) per switch
● Individual design of information fields (sizes acc. data sheet)
● Integration of double contact security circuit (DualTip)
● „Slim type“ with reduced system height of 4.8 mm (also with reduced illumination homogeneity)
● Switch size is minimal 12 x 12 mm or Ø 12 mm
● Switch size is maximal 30 x 30 or Ø 30 mm
● Minimal distance from the switches is 3 mm by round forms and 5 mm by all the other forms
For both back- and indication- lighting SCHURTER is mostly using LEDs. We advise the complete range of possibilities including one, two and full colour LEDs in regular, high luminous intensity or extra flat designs. Thanks to our electronic specialists we can advise you to use LEDs on PET, Kapton and regular PCBs using the right electronic circuits to control the LEDs. Also dimming is a possibility for lower intensity or attracting attention to the on/off switch in a stand by modus.
SCHURTER membrane switches can incorporate the very latest slim LED technology into their construction. Single point LEDs can light a window next to a key or in the corner of the key itself. This is a very cost effective solution to add a visual confirmation of a key touch into a front panel, or to present an operator with a request to press a key when required in a front panel design.
Deadfront is a visual aspect that can be added to our switches, capacitive or membrane. Particular parts of the front can be made visual only when you want it to be. This technology can conceal an LED key, symbol or any other message on the product. The deadfront technology consist of a printing process with a transparent ink, printed behind an open area on the glass or overlay. When a light source, e.g. a LED, is placed behind this printed part, is will light up. When the light is turned off, there will be no difference in color with the neighboring color.
Characteristics of deadfront are:
- Blends in with the background
- Attracts the user’s attention
- Gives a clean look to the product