SCHURTER announces VDE and UL approvals for its SMD fuse with 1500 A breakingcCapacity
The "intrinsic safety" method is one of the most common techniques used for achieving safety protection with lower voltage or power equipment. This method restricts the available electrical and thermal energy in a system so that ignition of a hazardous atmosphere (such as explosive gas, dust, or electrical arcing) cannot occur. The UMT-H's high breaking capacity of 1500 A, plus the >10 mm spacing between end caps, combined with the ability to be impermeable to conformal coating makes the fuse suitable for use in such intrinsically safe applications.
The UMT-H fuse is available in a total of 19 rated currents between 160 mA and 10 A at voltages up to 277 VAC and 250 VDC. The UMT-H measures at 5.3 x 16 mm, which is a smaller alternative to the classic cylindrically-shaped cartridge fuses (e.g. 5 x 20 mm). The smaller footprint saves valuable board space, allowing for further downsizing of equipment. With its square design, the UMT-H is also suited for more cost-effective, automated assembly. The high breaking capacity fuse meets the IEC 60127-7/1, UL 248-14 and CSA C22.2 standards along with its VDE and UL approvals. Additional applications include power supplies, electromobility, medical and telecommunication applications as well as 277 VAC utility-connected equipment.
Features and benefits:
- Certification according to IEC 60127-7/1, UL 248-14, CSA C22.2 no. 248.14
- High breaking capacity (H) of 1500 A at rated voltage
- High rated voltages up to 277 VAC / 250 VDC
- 19 rated currents from 160 mA to 10 A
- Time-lag (T) characteristics
- Optimal suited for automated assembling because of square design
- Suitable for intrinsically safe applications